This is a raw superfood cookie recipe guest post by Julia Corbett written just for Edible Goddess! Julia Corbett is a superfood dessert alchemist and owner of Diviana Alchemy, and author of two raw dessert recipe books, ‘Sweet & Raw Pie Mandalas & the ’Raw Cookie Book’. Julia and I have taught workshops many times together before, and our next class – RAW DESSERTS: Superfood & Superherb Edible Art Creations Day Workshop – is this Saturday 10/5/13 in Marin County, CA. Join us!
Here’s a great raw superfood cookie recipe for fall! The oats give it a comforting satisfaction, and the hemp and chia seeds provide superb nutrition to keep you energized and feeling your best. This is the upgraded version of an oatmeal raisin cookie, and is so delicious when eaten warm out of the dehydrator!
Super Seed Goji Cookie
1/4 cup hemp seeds
2 T chia seeds (in 1/2 cup pure water)
1 cup cashew flour (1 1/2 cups cashew nuts blended into a flour)
3/4 cup oats (gluten free, organic) or 1/2 cup sprouted oat flour
1/2 cup coconut flakes
1/4 cup, plus 2 T cane juice crystals or coconut sugar
1/4 cup goji berries
1 tsp maca powder
3 T lucuma powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
MAKE IT HAPPEN
1. Soak chia seeds in 1/2 cup pure water or spring water to make a chia gel.
2. Blend cashews into a flour with a high power blender.
3. Blend oats into a flour with a high power blender.
4. Place all ingredients into a large bowl, except chia gel, and begin mixing with a spoon or by hand until evenly mixed.
5. Add chia gel to the cookie mix with a spoon, and mix thoroughly.
6. Take about 1 tablespoon of the cookie mixture and roll into a ball, then press with palms to make a cookie shape, and place on a lined dehydrator tray (parchment works too).
7. Dehydrate at 145 degrees F for the first couple hours, then lower to 115 degrees F for about 6-8 more hours until desired texture is reached.
8. Serve with hemp milk and jam!
If you love this recipe and want to learn how to make more just like it, join us at this weekends RAW DESSERTS workshop in Marin County (Sat Oct 5, 2013)! We’ll show you how to make raw superfood cookie recipes, and pies, ice cream, superwoman bars, ice cream cake, elixirs, and more!