I love hearing the daily lifestyle habits and conscious choices fellow healers & educators make daily, or as a regular part of their health strategy. I’ve put together my own list; these are things that I just do without effort. I AM them, and they are me. I expect my ideas will help you to step outside of your comfort zone if you have yet to commit to daily rituals, or inspire you to take on some of the ones I swear by! Are these habits, or rituals? These terms that represent my selective choices are now interchangeable for me as they are made consciously, by choice, with a foundational belief in sacredness of self. ♥
I’ve got 3 favorites that I never skip (more recently), or all hell breaks loose 😉 I’ll put a little * next to those for ya:
– hydrate with the purest water I’ve ever been blessed to have access to, coming to me from beneath our earth, in a structured manner that is imprinted with an intelligence that cannot be defined
* – Herbal Tonic Elixir: as an example ~ heaping spoonful of Longevity in a Bottle (unparalleled stress resilience), 1 tsp Mushroom Immunity (feeding my immune system), 1 tsp Pearl Extract (soft, silky, sexy, radiant skin + a calm nervous system, heal the heart), 1 tsp He Shou Wu (restore kidneys + adrenals, and keep my hair its’ natural deep chocolate brown) OR just a random mix of anything from my herbal stash. This week, I’ve been soaking in my pearl extract lemonade: living spring water (any amount / no rules), the pearl (1-2 tsp), 1 freshly squeezed meyer lemon + organic liquid stevia (I use the Omica Organics brand)
– glass mason jar of fresh organic juice and/or smoothie often w/ the superhero style toppings: a tablespoon of fresh local bee pollen & spoonful of organic raw royal jelly (or other magical potions that serve as a catalyst for greater awakening), with a heaping tablespoon of Goji Joy (goji berry extract)
* – 1-2 hours train / challenge my body outdoors ~ most often on the trails, in the hills, sun shining on me, weaving in between the trees flying fast on my feet – hiking, running, walking uphill backwards.. or rollerblading as fast as I can with my sweet pups. This is not a workout; it’s therapy and keeping up with it everyday keeps my ability to process emotions and situations at an efficient, smooth pace. THIS is a moving meditation for me on every level!
– as much time in the sun as possible, sunbathing with as little clothing as possible, while grounded (touching the earth) to reap the benefits of the profound magnetic force we are blessed to walk upon – the electrical charge can soothe & reduce inflammation physically and emotionally, calming your heart, soul and giving you much needed perspective. My life is an on-going effort to be more immersed in, kissed by, the elements of our earth
– nourish my body with what I desire ~ listen within (what do I need today to remain at the top level of activation & creativity?). In the evening it’s often organic leafy & wild greens + veggie salad almost always w/ spirulina by Longevity Power, olive oil, my herbal-infused vinegar, raw sauerkraut (w/ seaweed, algae and/or tonic herbs infused), avocado, and other goodies OR a big plate of steamed veggies like broccolini, chard, and kale (I’m not a huge fan of raw kale, sorry folks!) with fresh garlic, yellow onion, heirloom tomatoes, local raw kalamata olives, sprinkle of cayenne, extra virgin organic olive oil, homemade stone ground raw tahini, and sea salt
– 100+ squats.. burn baby burn! Rebound (mini trampoline) for 15 minutes, sometimes longer; tricep dips & push-ups on the edge of it as well – shake things up… use my body as its’ own weight
* – the “Edible Goddess” shower treatment with my Herbal Infused Coconut Beauty Oil (without question my FAVORITE daily ritual right now). Here’s how: get in the shower (filtered water – no tap water!) and get your body wet, step away from the water and apply the oil everywhere (face and body), rinse lightly and carry on as usual. Optional: warm the oil next to a heater just prior to getting into the shower. Do this every night and I promise it will be a habit you find value in that you’ll want to keep. Embrace your sensual nature as a woman! ♥
– Inversions / legs up on the back of the bed, wall or anywhere + practice handstands & yoga
– By the bedside: Homemade healing potions, herbal tinctures, oil of gold, and frankincense (inhale, with a drop or 2 on my crown chakra); apply Wake Up Sunshine Eye Cream underneath and around my eyes (or all over my my face/neck), and Love One Another (pictured below) on hands & scars (sometimes feet and/or all over). This all takes less than 2 minutes and is an amaaazing thing to do before I sleep. I am in love with going to sleep smelling delicious!
GOAL HABIT: In bed by midnight (I’m not necessarily a night owl, but I am a small business owner & often work very long hours (think prosperous play here, not J.O.B. style)! I am also pretty strict about getting off my laptop an hour before bed, and do a series of things prior to opening it up in the morning. Again, practice balance you guys!
And so, that’s my routine.. for now. As with life, things change and I remain open to all kinds of new actions & attitudes I can implement that will serve my highest good and enhance my life experience. These things do not feel like obligations. They are present and part of the daily flow and without them, I feel as though something is missing. I find any chance I can to nourish my body, heart, mind, and soul. THIS COMPLETES ME..
WHAT ARE THE HABITS YOU DO DAILY THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE? (what completes you)