Unless you’ve been living under an unconventional rock, you’ve heard about goji berries. They are sweet little red scrumptious berries that comes to us mostly in dried form or in synergistic superfood powder blends like Goji Joy and Fruits of the Earth.
If you’re looking for the ultimate complete raw protein that you can nibble on throughout the day, or, a nutrient-dense addition to your smoothie to start your day off Superhero-style, you’ve found it!
For everything you could ever want to know about the legendary goji berries, I suggest you check out the books: GOJI: The Himalayan Health Secret and David Wolfe’s book, Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future! David has really brought raw foods and superfoods to the world on a massive scale, and I’m honored that he wrote the foreword for my book, Superfood Beauty Elixirs!
In preparation for the Radiance and Beauty Tele-Seminar I have scheduled, I read this book + others and feel like it’s my duty to share the top 24 benefits of goji berries (according the this book – and I concur). This is a direct excerpt from the book and just 1 page of reading pleasure about this gorgeous happy berry!
Top 24 Health Benefits of Goji!
1) Extends life, protecting your body from premature aging through its powerful antioxidant action
2) Increases your energy and strength, especially when fighting dis-ease
3) Makes you feel & look younger. Goji stimulates the secretion of hGH (human growth hormone), the ‘youth hormone.’
4) Maintains healthy blood pressure
5) Reduces cholesterol
6) Promotes normal blood sugar in early adult-onset diabetes
7) Enhances sexual function and treats sexual dysfunction
8) Helps you lose weight
9) Relieves headaches and dizziness
10) Relieves insomnia and improves quality of sleep
11) Supports eye health and improves your vision
12) Strengthens your heart
13) Improves dis-ease resistance
14) Builds strong blood, enhancing production of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets
15) Supports healthy liver function
16) Treats menopausal symptoms
17) Prevents morning sickness in the first trimester of pregnancy
18) Improves fertility
19) Strengthens your muscles and bones
20) Improves your memory and recall ability
21) Supports normal kidney function
22) Helps chronic dry cough
23) Alleviates anxiety and stress
24) Promotes cheerfulness and brightens your spirit
I’m sure that there is at least 1 of the 24 benefits that is desirable to you! Search out products that contain goji berries and be mindful of the sourcing – don’t buy sugar-laden goji berry juice that looks good on the front of the label but actually is just a bunch of concentrate and/or sugars when you check out the fine print. Buy plump dried goji berries or pick them fresh if you are fortunate to do so.
Anyone can grow fresh goji berries… even indoors! To the right you’ll find fresh goji berries that I synchronistically found at the farmer’s market for the 1st time ever, just after I posted this blog. Bright & fresh!