Everyone loves a good milkshake, right? Like the ones we drank as a little kid? Yet as a raw foodie, conventional milk is thankfully not consumed and is in fact the very first thing I recommend people get off of (when ready to eliminate foods) because it’s by far the worst offender to the body. If you’ve been on other raw food blogs, you’ll see that many refer to their homemade nut drinks as mylks, and I do as well. You can make any nut mylk (using hemp seeds, almonds, Brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds – individually or some combination of them) and use it as the base for an entirely guilt-free, yet totally indulgent mylkshake.
Raw Mint Chocolate Vanilla Mylkshake
* 2-3 cups homemade hemp mylk (or any raw nut mylk) – I dilute w/ some spring water (just a personal preference)
* 1 small to medium frozen banana
* 1 tbsp HealthForce’s Vanilla Enhanced Warrior Food (hemp protein powder)
* 1 tsp – 1 tbsp HealthForce’s Vanilla Spice MacaForce or plain raw maca powder
*1 tsp raw cacao powder
* swirl of vanilla infused clear agave (either pre-bought, or just drop vanilla beans once scraped, into your clear agave & leave them to infuse)
* small handful raw cacao nibs
* couple organic pinches organic vanilla powder
* 1/2 cap of organic peppermint extract
* pinch organic stevia extract powder
* pinch Celtic salt
* ice to chill
Blend on high in the Vita-Mix until thoroughly mixed. Drink chilled and soak in the gorgeous aroma of vanilla! As with all my recipes, if you don’t have some of the ingredients, make this anyway! Just work with what you do have and come up with your own creation. If you don’t have zeolites or fresh vanilla beans, or you have no worries – it won’t make or break this shake (if no vanilla beans, try out vanilla extract). If you don’t have all of HealthForce’s products, YET, then talk with me about where you can get them in your area and I will find you a local store (or you can shop online; just click on the links I provided).
If you’re on Facebook and happen to be friends with Jay Kordich (the Juice Daddy), he recently wrote an excellent article (found in his ‘Notes’) on making your own hemp mylk. Check it out if you get a chance! He has so much goodness in his Notes section that you could read for hours regarding juicing. He is a man of experience and someone I certainly listen to!
And if for any reason you have not watched this hysterical skit poking fun at Jay and his enthusiasm, watch it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lVH9vzffgw. Balance your mylkshakes with fresh vegetable juice and you’ll feel stellar all the time!